You will need:
Glue or mod podge.
Decoupage paper, paper nakins, gift wrap or tissue paper.
An item to decoupage like papier-mache shapes.
Glue spread and/or brush
1) Cut up your papers into smaller squares or strips depending on the item you are using.
2) Cover the item gradually in glue and carefully add the papers. Slightly overlap and press down gently to ensure there are no gaps.
3) Once you have covered the whole item, go over gently with a brush to smoth over.
4) You can either cover in a thin payer of glue or varnish and then leave to dry.
5) Add any decorative items or embellishments once dry.