We know something is spooky around the corner when the days become shorter and you can’t help but want to stay in bed for those precious extra 10 minutes in the morning!
We’ve been busy here getting crafty to give you, your family & loved ones fun filled activities to do throughout the month of October. This fun filled activity will keep you busy for around 1 hour and your Bat-tastic bunting will leave your house looking super spooky this October the 31st!
You will need help from an adult to create this brilliant bunting as sharp scissors, whole punchers and staplers are involved.
|What you will need:||
Equipment you will need:
- Fold a A4 black card in a circle horizontally to make the body of the bat, stable the top fold and bottom fold.
- Fold a piece of A4 black card in half horizontally, cut the card into a bat shaped wings! You can be quite creative here to make Bat Fairies!
- Fold celotape repetitively to make it stick on both side, stick the wings to the bat body.
- Remove the sticky back from the googley eyes and place on the front of the bat – make sure they are straight!
- Take your A4 black card and cut two triangles for the bats ears.
- Add PVA glue to the bottom ends of the triangle and place them inside the bats body at the top – inline with each eye.
- Take your hole punch and add two holes at the bottom of the bats body – inline with the bats eyes.
- Take your pipe cleaners and push one through each - secure tight by twisting the pipe cleaner round with a loop.
- Cut the pipe cleaners so that the bats legs aren’t too long and then roll up the bottoms to form the bats feet.
- Take your white card and cut it into a triangle for the bats nose. Use PVA glue and add just underneath the eye area – voila!