Egg boxes are a very versatile creative item! There are many things you can use them for. Here's an easy way to make a beautiful bunch of flowers out of your old egg boxes.
*We recommend that you microwave your empty egg boxes in order to sterilise them before using the boxes.
You will need:
⭐ Egg boxes
⭐ Pipe cleaner
⭐ Spray paint
1. For each flower, you will need four egg cups from the egg box*.
2. Cut each of these out individually.
3. Trim away excess cardboard sticking out at the top of each. They should be a smooth cone shape, at the end.
4. Cut the cups inward from the edges toward the centre five times at evenly spaced intervals. Do not cut all the way to the centre.
5. Trim the edges carefully to have a natural curve to them.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 with the remaining egg cups resulting in two cups having four petals, one with five petals, and one with six petals.
7. Take the six-petal cup, dab a little bit of glue at the centre and start pushing the petals inward at the base, adding more glue as required. The petals should be tight at the centre.
8. Glue the second set of petals (five-petal cup) similarly.
9. Once you have added on that layer you can proceed in the same way with the remaining cups. Work your way outward toward the edge of the rose.
10. Paint the flower your favourite colour.
11. Attach a pipe cleaner or wire stem to each rose.
Give your beautiful flowers to someone special.
Do you love to get creative in award-winning arts and crafts classes, clubs, parties and events tailored for children and adults? Find local arts and crafts fun activities to inspire your child or you.
If we don't have a Creation Station in your area yet, and you or someone you know would love to run their own flexible and rewarding arts and crafts business, download the information pack. It could be just what you are looking for.