National Zoo Lovers Day is celebrated on 8th of April every year. We love the care and love that go into looking after and protecting our animals. We have missed visiting and supporting our local zoos. Huge thanks for the hard they have done to continue through the Pandemic.
What is your favourite animal? Enjoy this fun activity and create your own animal bookmark. What animal will you create?
What You Need:
- A selection of different coloured card
- A pencil
- A ruler
- A black fine line marker pen
- An art knife
- A cutting mat
How To Make An Animal Bookmark
- First you will need to make a template for your bookmark, so take some white card and draw a rectangle 18cm long by 4cm wide.
- Next decide what animal you would like to make.
- In the top third of your rectangle, sketch out the head of your animal keeping within the length of the rectangle, but you can go wider than the 4cm width.
- Once you are happy with your sketch, cut out your template bookmark.
- Decide what colour card you would like as the dominant colour of your animal.
- Draw around your template on the coloured card and cut it out.
- Use a black fine line pen to draw in the sides of the head.
- Next following your design template, decide which features of the animal you would like in a different colour and choose the reverent card.
- Using your template as a guide draw and cut out these features.
- Glue them onto your animal cutout and then use a black fine line pen to draw on the rest of your animal’s features.
- Enhance the face even more by going around all the edges with your black pen.
- Finally, use an art knife to cut around the bottom of the face, leaving about 3/4 cm from each edge.
- Gently push the card forward, this is where the page of the book will slide under.
- And there you go, you’ve got your very own Animal Magic!!