Often the pleasure of art is as much in the process as the end product. This activity particularly highlights this and is so much fun.
What you need:
- White card
- Wax crayons in various colours
- Black ready mix paint
- Paint brushes (one thick for applying paint; one thin for scraping)
1) Cover the whole of the white card in wax crayon. Use any pattern you like but make sure you press firmly and try to include as many colours as you can.
2) Paint over the card in black ready mix paint. Keep it even.
3) Leave to dry and add an additional coat if required.
4) Once dry, use the end of a paintbrush to scratch your firework patterns all over.
For local classes, parties and events visit www.thecreationstation.co.uk