There are so many things you can do with old magazines and these coasters are so much fun. Plus, when they are worn out, just pop them back in the recycling. They are a great craft activity for both adults and children, especially for developing fine motor skills. Collect a variety of magazines so you can try out different colours and a mixture of pictures and text.
What you need:
- Old magazines
- Square of card (10cm x 10cm)
- Clear tape
- Scissors or paper trimmer
What you need to do:
1) Cut your magazines into strips (approximately 1.5cm by 14cm)
2) Lay out some strips across your cardboard square so about 2cm is on the cardboard and secure with tape. Make sure there are no gaps.
3) Turn your coaster over and fold the paper strips down as shown.
4) Now weave your other strips in. Push the strips so they are tight.
5) Once you've reached the end, turn the coaster over. Fold all the ends in tightly and secure with tape.
For more “How To” videos go to our YouTube Channel and click Subscribe. Share your awesome masterpieces with #creationstation on The Creation Station Ltd Facebook or Twitter page for your chance to win one of our monthly craft giveaways.
If you need any of the items in the video to help make the craft - visit our online shop here.
To find out where your local award-winning classes, school workshops and after-school clubs, parties and events visit www.thecreationstation.co.uk.