This activity is a great way of recycling old magazines whilst strengthening our fine motor skills.
What You Need:
- Old magazines
- A thin paintbrush or twig
- Glue stick
- A piece of elastic or string
To Make It:
1) Tear a small strip of the magazine. The wider the strip, the wider your bead; the longer the strip, the fatter your bead).
2) Wrap tightly around the paintbrush and secure with a dab of glue.
3) Carefully slide off the brush
4) Once you have enough, you can begin threading onto your string or elastic.
5) Tie the end of the string/elastic.
For more crafty ideas to inspire your special homemade Christmas visit our blog - don't forget to also join our fortnightly newsletter for exciting opportunities, special offers and other news from The Creation Station!
If you need any of the items in the video to help make the craft - visit our online shop here.
To find out where your local award-winning classes, school workshops and after-school clubs, parties and events visit www.thecreationstation.co.uk.