Christmas has finished and the preparations begin for New Year, often before you've had chance to clear all the debris! This simple activity helps you recycle cardboard wrapping paper tubes and old bits of wrapping and tissue paper ready to celebrate the start of a New Year.
You will need:
- Cardboard tubes from old wrapping paper rolls cut to approximately 10-15cm lengths.
- Old tissue paper or wrapping paper cut or torn into tiny pieces
- Balloons (1 per popper)
- Old pieces of wrapping paper to decorate tube (optional)
How to make it:
1. Knot your balloon (do not inflate) and cut the top off of the balloon. Place over one end of your tube so you will be able to pull the knotted part.
2. Tape where the balloon joins the tube.
3. Optional - add some wrapping paper around the tube to decorate
4. Into the open end, insert your chopped up pieces of paper
5. Pull back the knotted part of the balloon and 'fire'!
6. Just put the paper back in and fire all over again
For more crafty ideas to inspire your special homemade Christmas visit our blog - don't forget to also join our fortnightly newsletter for exciting opportunities, special offers and other news from The Creation Station!
If you need any of the items in the video to help make the craft - visit our online shop here.
To find out where your local award-winning classes, school workshops and after-school clubs, parties and events visit www.thecreationstation.co.uk.