We love sharing the wonderful creative fun our Creation Station franchise partners bring to children, families and adults across the UK.
Today's creative ideas come from our FAB Creation Station leader Janey Noble who runs award-winning adults and children's arts and crafts classes parties and events in Bristol.
"Hello! I’m Janey and I run the Creation Station in Bristol. Spring is upon us all around and like every parent of a young child I’m constantly telling my 6-year-old not to pick the flowers that are popping up out of the ground at this time of year! This activity helps us to look at the flowers and then recreate our own.
So here’s a perfect way to bring the colour of Spring into the house with this paper hyacinth without destroying the real thing outside."
- A4 coloured paper (green and purple are perfect)
- A wooden stick/pencil or paper straw
- A glue stick or tacky PVA glue
- Cut a 2cm strip from some green coloured paper and wrap it around your stick and glue it into place. You can wrap it using a twist method or simply roll the stick up in the paper. This is now your flower stem.
- To make the flowers; Place your purple piece of paper in landscape position and measure 11cm from the edge and draw a cutting line top to bottom. Mark another faint line 10cm from the edge
- Cut the paper along the cutting line.
- Next cut the paper into 1cm strips up to the faint line being careful not to cut the piece of paper in half. Try to keep the lines as straight as you can.
- Curl/roll each individual strip up to the line.
- Grab your green paper-covered stick and apply a generous amount of glue to the top. Stick the end of your curled purple paper to the stick and carefully wrap it around the stick and glue it at the end.
- Cut some long thin leaf shapes and stick them to the bottom of the stem.
- Adjust the curls so they resemble a grape hyacinth!
- Take some of your favourite perfume and spray so that they look AND smell gorgeous.
Enjoy and please share your creations on our Facebook page!
Click here to join Janey's fab arts and crafts classes, parties and events in Bristol
Click here for art and classes near me
If we don't have a Creation Station near you yet, find out about running your own rewarding and fun, flexible crafty franchise. Download a franchise information pack