by Sara le Roux, Owner and Inspirer at The Creation Station Penistone and District
I do love capturing moments in our lives by creating a lasting keepsake…the clay footprints that we did with our children when they were 9 weeks old, framed items from our wedding day and the picture with shells that we collected from our holidays.
I have been meaning to create some keepsake stepping-stones for our garden for absolutely ages…..with Daddy on hand to help, today was definitely the day!
What You’ll Need
- Quick setting concrete mix - this is all we had in so not sure if it will work but we can always try again :)
- Protective gloves and face mask – VERY IMPORTANT!
- A container to act as your stone mould
- Decorative items – glass pebbles etc (must be able to withstand the outside elements!)
- Vaseline – or similar material to act as a barrier between skin and the concrete mix
We prepared our concrete as directed in the instructions, making sure that we wore our protective gloves and face masks. After smoothing it carefully into our moulds we gave them a quick tap to settle the mix and then set about making our stones.
With some Vaseline on their feet to protect their skin we created some little prints and then used glass pebbles to decorate them.
They look a little dark right now so we'll have to see how they turn out when they are dry and painted....updates to follow later :)
A memory to keep in our garden forever :)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Activity Time: 15 minutes
Day #69 DONE! 31 to go!