From humble kitchen beginnings, to the household name for creative activities, The Creation Station brings creativity into all areas of learning, leisure and life.
“The Creation Station is a force for good”. Richard Branson
Founded by Sarah Cressall in 2002. Sarah wanted to give her own three boys, Sam 3 yrs, Ollie 22 months and Josh 4 months, the opportunity to explore, discover and develop through positive creative experiences.
With a carefully crafted set of core values at the heart of The Creation Station, Sarah developed the creative activities to spark curiosity, inspire imagination and nurture creativity.
Core values are:
- Spark curiosity
- Inspire imagination
- Nurture creativity
- Give care
- Ensure quality
- Have fun
At the same time, Sarah wanted to give others the opportunity to run their own rewarding, successful and flexible business. Sarah worked with the British Franchise Association (bfa) to understand all the elements involved in franchising and supporting franchise partners.
In 2007, when Josh started school, Sarah awarded her first franchise and the business has grown year on year. Now Sarah is board member of the bfa, and promotes ethical and sustainable franchising and is a number one best selling author and columnist for Crafts Business and Elite Franchise.
“My Josh is 18 in 2020 and it feels like the Creation Station is all grown up too! I feel very fortunate to have been able to bring creativity into over a million many children and adults lives. The business has given me the flexibility I wanted as a mum and helped me grow as a person too. I now work with a great head office Creative Hub team and we support and work with a wonderful family of franchise owners. We’ve got lots we still want to do, especially around social and environmental impact, so the future is definitely looking creative!”
Both the business and Sarah, have gained some serious recognition in the business, education, entertainment and franchising sectors. Here’s a snapshot of some of the recognition gained:
- Ranked: Top Ten Most Powerful Women In Franchising 2019
- Ranked; #15 Top Franchises in the UK – Elite Franchise – Global Franchise 2019
- Winner Most Supportive Franchise and Top Franchise Award – Working Mums 2018
- Winner Sylvia Anderson Award for Creativity 2018
- Winner Best Franchise Children’s Services – Best Franchise Awards 2017
- Winner Best Website – Franchise Marketing Awards 2017
- Winner Excellence and Innovation – Children’s Education Services 2017
- Finalist Richard Branson’s Impact Award 2016
- Winner Best Creative Play Award 2015
- Finalist Festival Supplier Awards 2015
- Winner Entrepreneur of the Year 2013
- Finalist Business Woman Of The Year 2012
- Winner Best Woman Franchisor UK 2011 - EWIF Awards
- Winner Best Franchisee Marketing Support 2012
- Winner ‘Crème de la Crème’ Business Award 2011
- Winner 'Best Interactive Business' Award - Mumpreneur 2011
- Finalist ‘Extraordinary Woman of the Year’ 2011
- Business Woman of the Year - Women of Achievement Awards Leicestershire
The Creation Station has innovated to harness and meet the increased demand for creative experiences, activities now provides activities to bring creativity into all areas of learning, leisure and life. The activities include:
- Baby and parent Tiny Treasure keepsake events
- Preschool Little Explorer classes, discovering science technology engineering and maths through creative fun
- Create Club – creative after school clubs and workshops
- Arty Birthday parties
- Creative Crafters – adults craft events
- Care & Creativity – creative workshop for senior citizens and intergenerational fun
- Event entertainment – creative fun in shopping centres, festivals and corporate days.
- Brand in Hand partners – working with a select range of brands to increase engagement.
Over a million children and adults have been inspired and we are proud to support over 100 franchise partners to run their own successful, flexible and fulfilling Creation Station franchise.
Programmes include bringing arts into Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths, wellbeing, social engagement plus a big focus on fun.
We continue to strive to make a positive difference through creative experiences, with a focus on sustainable creative activities and to support our fabulous family of franchise partners.
If you’re looking for creative fun, or have an event coming up we’d love to hear from you. There are still have parts of the UK where we don’t have a Creation Station let, so if you or someone you know would love to run their own creative business, please download an information pack.
Here’s to inspiring futures.