Coronavirus Operating Policy Statement
We provide many children and families, enjoyable and important positive creative experiences across the country.
Our policy, practices and procedures will continue to be based on the latest government guidance.
At The Creation Station, we all take health and safety seriously. In light of the current outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) we have put together some information, all of which is based on Public Health England advice.
The Creation Station have put stringent measures in place to ensure your child or children can continue to enjoy being creative with us in a safe and positive environment.
Following this advice from government:
- Actions for early years and childcare providers during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
We have adopted the following special measures in response to the Coronavirus outbreak:
"When taking part in a face to face (F2F) with The Creation Station we require you to declare whether you, or your child have been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with, or who has symptoms of COVID-19. If you have, you are unable to attend the activity until after you have self-isolated for 14 days. Thank you for your co-operation. By accepting terms and conditions you are declaring that you have not been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed or who has symptoms of COVID-19-19“
- All venues and activities will undergo a COVID-19 19 risk assessment by one of our trained Creation Station leaders.
- All items will be cleaned and sterilised using a product that is certified to kill 99.9% of germs, such as Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleaner Spray or Xtra Protect Sanitiser.
- Additional cleaning measures in all clubs have been implemented to maintain the highest possible standards of hygiene.
- Talks and demonstrations will take place with the children about how to wash hands thoroughly, the need for regular hand washing and the importance of using and disposing of tissues.
- Groups in F2F sessions will need to follow the relevant government guidelines for maximum numbers.
- We will supply antibacterial hand-gel and encourage staff and children to use this at the beginning and the end of the session. In the event of not being able to supply antibacterial hand gel, soap will be made accessible to enable children and staff to continue to wash their hands.
- Any child who develops a high temperature will not be able to stay in the session.
- If a child begins to show symptoms of a cough/fever, there will be a designated area where the child can be kept safe and isolated until they are collected.
- PPE will be available for staff to wear if they choose to. This will apply to children too; if they choose to wear gloves or face masks they can.
What we will do if someone develops symptoms at Creation Station?
- If anyone becomes unwell or develops any symptoms of COVID-19 during the creative sessions, they will be sent home and advised to follow the staying at home guidance.
- If a child is awaiting collection, they will be moved to an area which is at least 2 metres away from other people. The member of staff supervising the child will wear PPE and the area will be deep cleaned once the child has been collected.
- If they need to go to the bathroom while waiting to be collected, they will use a separate bathroom if possible. The bathroom will be cleaned and disinfected using standard cleaning products before being used by anyone else.
If they need clinical advice, we will contact NHS111 or in an emergency, or call 999 if they are seriously ill or injured or their life is at risk.
- If a member of staff has helped someone who was taken unwell with COVID-19 symptoms, they do not need to go home unless they develop symptoms themselves. They will wash their hands thoroughly for 20 seconds after any contact with someone who is unwell and remove and dispose of their PPE.
- If a confirmed case is identified with links to a school or setting, specific advice would be given on a case by case basis and parents and students would be updated appropriately.
There are some practical steps you can take to stop viruses:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
We will continue to monitor the situation closely.
Safeguarding the health and wellbeing of all children and staff at our Creation Station activities across the country is our top priority.